small snippets of inspiring things.

23.11.09


Introducing another love: Fur.


In my opinion (because I know you are dying to hear it...), part of the appeal of the fur ensemble is that it is a move away from the blacks and greys that so many revert to come winter time. On top of this, sporting this look takes a certain level of confidence - it is not a look that blends in. When paired with jeans and some fine cashmere, or your boyfriend's t-shirt*, there is a certain "I just threw this on, and I don't care what it looks like" feel about it... And lets be honest, that is a look we all try for.

* (for those of us without boyfriends to steal from, this simply means going out and buying an XL white t-shirt.)








2 comments:

  1. 1. I love the "Oh no, does my hair look like I've just had amazing sex with my wonderful lover and because we were doing it I was running late and didn't have time to fix my hair" dishevelled look. I love it. Which is also why I love the stolen boyfriend shirt. It says, "The sex was so wild I could even FIND my clothes afterwards and had to steal his as I tripped out the door post-romp."

    2. BUT...fur?! EMMA! That's awful. It's usually endangered species, and even if it isn't, I have a real problem with animals being killed solely for their fur. Also, most fur isn't hunted/killed humanely. People always compare it to leather goods, but we also eat the animal, so at least nothing is going to waste. When was the last time anyone ate a fox? Or an ermine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yesterday. Best fox I have had in a while.

    ReplyDelete